As hard as it is to believe, Isaiah is a month old today. What a month it's been!! While each day is still filled with challenges, things are getting easier and somewhat more routine. I thank God for entrusting this sweet baby to us, and I look forward to each new day unfolding with his changes and advances.
Firsts in the past week: first real bath, first spontaneous smile while awake (can't seem to capture it on camera), first started tracking our movements with his eyes, first time at church, first trip to the mall (haha...I'm sure he wouldn't have minded skipping that one). During his 'tummy time', Isaiah is rolling from his tummy to his side pretty consistently...not much farther to his back. He's also moved up from size 'newborn' diapers to size 1--they're still quite large on him, but after a night of leaking out of every 'newborn' diaper we put on him and at least 3-4 changes of clothes and blankets, we had to try something.
Our friends Josh and Amy loaned "The Happiest Baby on the Block" DVD to us this past week, and I highly recommend it. Isaiah sleeps longer and more soundly now, and we have better strategies for calming him down when upset. Thanks guys!!
We continue to be blessed by meals provided by our church family every other night. It will soon draw to an end, though, and I'll actually have to cook something. I guess that was bound to happen sooner or later.
Here are some pictures from this past week:
Double Trouble
All dressed up for church yesterday. This was one of Uncle Jared's outfits as a baby.
Our sweet one month old.
1 comment:
He's precious and looks so much like his daddy in that last picture! What a blessing that sweet baby is :)
Post a Comment