I'm home with Leah today while she's sick with an upper respiratory infection. I have no TV or computer (stolen last week after house was burglarized btw), and for the moment, she's happy in her swing. There's a million things I should be doing but my mind keeps turning to the blog. I've been meaning to do this for so long (I think I write that in each post now), but I never feel like I have enough time to do it justice. Oh well, here goes anyway...
Thanksgiving: we stayed home and Mom, Aubrey, and my siblings and their families (sadly minus Jared while he's deployed) brought T'giving dinner to us. Leah was just 2 weeks old, but she loved all the holding and attention. The boys had a blast together with the train set and playing in the leaves. "A fun time was had by all." :)
Christmas: we went to Middle TN the weekend before Xmas to visit my fam. Isaiah was a little sick before the trip, and Leah had it by the end, but thankfully nothing serious. We came home on the 24th and had a nice, quiet Xmas together. Chris' mom and sister's fam came in on the 27th and stayed four nights. Three families under one roof with a 6 week old was interesting, but it worked out okay.
Isaiah's b'day: we celebrated as a family for dinner on the 25th with an Isaiah-approved meal (turkey smoked sausage with sautéed bell peppers, go figure!) and cake-pops. We got him a big-boy bike with training wheels and more pads and protective gear than I had my entire childhood ;). We had a cowboy-themed party for him with family and friends at Chick-fil-a on Jan 5th. It was a bit crazy but a lot of fun...clearly word leaked out that Isaiah is obsessed with horses.
I'll post separate updates about the kids themselves. Here are some pictures from T'Giving on:


















No comments:
Post a Comment