"Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light."
Here's a picture of my belly now, though it looks awfully similar to my belly at 13 weeks:
Things are going well in Charleston. I'm really enjoying my Dermatology rotation here, though I hate being away from Chris and home this long. I haven't done much around the city yet because it's just not that fun to explore on my own, but I'm hoping to get in at least a few of the big sites before I leave on the 31st. Unfortunately, I won't truly be back in Memphis full-time until late August. I'm doing a Junior Internship in Family Medicine in Jackson next, so I will be there Mon-Friday for the first three weeks I'm back in TN.
While I've been away from home, Chris has been diligently painting the nursery and the trim in our house. We picked out a neutral color for the nursery (Mesa Tumbleweed) that will go with any decor and make it easier to sell the house when the time comes. I think poor Frankie is feeling neglected already, though...Chris has to put up a baby-gate to block Frankie from the room he's painting in, and Frankie just lays on the other side staring in and occasionally knocking items off the shelves in the hall to get Chris' attention. I'm afraid this is probably only the start of Frankie getting less attention, but I'll always have a place in my heart for that cute, blue-eyed Cocker.
Something to look forward to when I get back: we have our big ultrasound that should tell the gender of the baby on August 26th. Yah! Stay tuned...
1 comment:
Love these updates Les! But why do keep cutting your beautiful head off in these pics???
Post a Comment