Jul 8, 2009

13 weeks in Charleston


I was 13 weeks yesterday, and above is my new belly shot to prove it. I had to use the self-timer again, so sorry for the poor quality. I went shopping for maternity clothes at Target and Motherhood Maternity yesterday because I'm having trouble buttoning all of my pants now. I found a neat belly band that will allow me to wear my regular pants longer and help hold up any too big maternity pants. I was the only customer in Motherhood Maternity most of the time, and there were two sales-ladies working--I've never had more undesired help in my life. I felt like they had me try the whole store on!! I imagine they were disappointed when everything I purchased was on sale.




We had a nice vacation at Myrtle Beach last week with Chris' family. We mostly enjoyed sitting by the ocean and reading. On our drive down to Charleston on the 4th of July, we stopped in North Litchfield to see some Memphis friends, Jacob and Tricia Cartner, who were there visiting family. They took us out on their boat and we did some fishing--Chris caught an 8 foot shark!! Okay, actually it was about 8 inches...he wouldn't even let me take a picture of it.

I'm pretty well settled in Charleston now, and my family here has already been spoiling me. Everyone I've worked with in Dermatology has been really nice, and I'm finding my way around pretty well now. My only major complaint is dealing with the traffic around the medical center--I have to allow an hour for traveling to get there on time in the morning. I haven't done any sightseeing here yet, but I hope to soon.

1 comment:

Real Girl Lij said...

You're beautiful! Keep blogging -- I'm loving this, little sister.