Jun 26, 2009

Anniversary and Vacation

Yesterday, June 25th, was our four year anniversary. It's amazing to both of us how fast the past four years have flown by. It's been a great four years and remarkably easy on the marriage front. Chris has been more supportive than I ever dreamed, and he's made the challenges of school much easier to bear. The next year holds many new frontiers for us--parenthood, graduation, possibly moving, and eventually two incomes :) We're excited about what the future holds and trusting God in His wisdom to guide us.

Today we'll be leaving for Hickory, North Carolina. We'll spend a few days there visiting his family, and then we'll travel down to Myrtle Beach with his family for a short vacation. Chris will come back home on July 5th, and I will start a four week rotation in Dermatology at the Medical University of South Carolina on July 6th. I'm not excited about being away from Chris that long, but at least I'll be in a neat city with plenty to do. I'm also sad to be leaving Frankie behind--we're putting him in a kennel this week, so he won't get to enjoy the beach with us. The picture above is to show you what I'll be missing while I'm gone--two peas in a pod.

I'll try to keep the blog updated while I'm gone. I imagine there will be a more obvious bump by the time I come home. Please pray for traveling mercy.

No comments: