Jun 20, 2009

Shabby Chic Dresser and Registries

First, I apologize for the month-long hiatus. There hasn't been much baby-related news over the past few weeks, and I've just neglected the blog.

I had a prenatal check-up yesterday, and everything went well. I'm now 10 weeks and 4 days along. The doctor was able to find the baby's heartbeat with the doppler, and that tiny little heart was beating away 160 times a minute (which is good). I was thrilled we could hear the heartbeat this early--this is typically the earliest you can pick it up with the doppler. Since I'm going to be in Charleston, SC all of July, my next prenatal appointment won't be until August 10th. I'll have my big ultrasound in August also, so we should find out the gender then (yah!).


I've registered for some items on Babies R' Us and Target recently. I've been amazed at how much (expensive) gear these little people come with. I'm trying to keep the limited space of our house in mind, but it's really hard to know at this point what we'll actually need and what's just excess. I've tried to keep the big items as neutral as possible so we can use them for future kids too. I do look forward to finding out what we're having so I can register for clothes and such specific to gender.


Chris and I found an antique dresser (pictured above) today that we love and have decided to buy and use as dresser/changing table. It's painted and distressed with a shabby chic look. I had been looking more at modern baby furniture, so this has definitely changed the direction of things. I'm excited about it, though, and I think we can use this piece for a long time.

No comments: