Sep 18, 2009

23+ Weeks


Today is 23 weeks and 3 days gestation. I go back for a check-up next Wednesday--hard to believe it's almost that time again. I had an exam today, which is part of why I've been procrastinating in blogging. I'll try to retrace the past couple of weeks a bit...

For Labor Day weekend, we went to visit my mom in Waverly. My brother Jordan and his fiancee (Meagan) came in as well, so we had a nice visit. My mother sweetly obliged my wishes to look through our old baby clothes and stuffed toys to pick some things out for Cletus--this required her to dig through a mass of stored items in an outdoor shed. I picked out several toys that had special meaning to me (that weren't too girly), and I found a lot of precious outfits my brothers wore as infants. On Sunday, we drove down to Pulaski for an annual get-together of Mom's family (the Mize's). Below is a picture of my brother Austin and Frankie in the backseat on the way:

We enjoyed catching up with family, and everyone was sweet about our little guy on the way. With all the traveling we did that weekend, I was able to crochet a couple of hats for Cletus. They are modeled below on one of the toys I brought back home. I'm also working on a blanket that matches the brown and blue hat.

Since getting our big furniture items for the nursery, I've been doing a lot of dreaming and web-browsing for accessories to finish things off. Last weekend and today I took advantage of downtime to go shopping. I bought fabric for curtains, an elephant print for the wall, supplies to make a mobile, and a few other odds and ends. I look forward to having time to work on all these projects--I have a board exam on Sept 28th, so I'm hoping that I can focus more on nursery items after that.

Tomorrow should be a full day. The Cooper-Young Festival is scheduled for tomorrow (though may be canceled due to rain), and I've been part of a crochet group at church preparing items all year to sale at the festival. Around 80,000 people are expected to attend the festival, and the proceeds from our booth will go to support mission work. Tomorrow afternoon is the UT-Florida game, and though I dread what the outcome may be, I wouldn't miss watching it for anything. GO VOLS!!

No comments: