Apr 14, 2010

Other updates


Updates with Isaiah:

- I was dead wrong about my baby smiling less frequently when I posted at 3 months. Maybe he was having a moody few days, but he's back to smiling as sweetly and frequently as ever.

- Isaiah purposely rolled over two times in a row a few days after turning 3 months old. I tried to pull out the video camera and get him to do it a third time, but I had no luck. In fact, I've gotten the camera out numerous times since then during his tummy time to try and catch it, but he didn't roll over again until today. Again, he did it twice in a row, and when I pulled out the camera for a third try, nothing happened. Haha... Clearly our child doesn't like to perform on demand.

- Isaiah loves his bath time! He can be crying and upset, and we plop him in that water, and he's instantly happy. He's splashing so much in his bath now that we have to be careful not to put too much water in or we end up with a big mess.

- He's "talking" up a storm these days. He's so expressive and sweet with his coos. Lately he does a sort of gurgly thing and sometimes blows raspberries. Too cute!

- Isaiah likes his pacifier, but lately he's found his fingers (usually his thumb or index finger) to be much more convenient. I walked in one morning to feed him, and he was rolled on his side with his thumb all the way in his mouth and his other fingers spread out over his face.

Other updates: We've decided to try and sale our house. It's a 2 bedroom/1 bathroom house built in 1950, and while we love it and will be sad to leave, we're definitely feeling more confined in it these days. We've listed it for sale by owner, so we'll see what happens. It very well may not sale, so we're trying to be okay with that too. We're just thankful that we're staying in Memphis and aren't pressured to sale it so we can move to a different city. I'll post pictures soon for a "house tour" (and more particularly, nursery tour).

1 comment:

Real Girl Lij said...

I want to see him roll over and gurgle and smile and take a bath this weekend! I hate that I'm missing you. So sweet.