
My baby is 4 months old! Actually, he turned 4 months old last Sunday, but it's taken me a while to find time to blog. At his 4 month well-child visit, he weighed 14 lbs 2 oz and measured 25 inches long--both still in the 50th percentile. A few days before turning 4 months, he slept through the night (~9 hours) without a feeding. He has continued to go 9-10 hours overnight without feedings since then, though he still wakes up some nights and needs some help getting back to sleep. Chris has been really great with him during most of these awakenings since it doesn't require me to get up.

Aunt Lindsay visiting on April 25 when she came in town for a friend's baby shower. Isaiah is blocking her baby bump, but we look forward to welcoming his Lecklider cousin into the world in July.

We started Isaiah on rice cereal on Apri 25. He seems to be doing really well with it...He opens his mouth up nice and wide when he sees the spoon, and he makes sounds between bites like he wants more. With his cereal supplements, I'm trying to lengthen out his feeding frequency to 3.5 hours with the eventual goal of 4 hours.

Isaiah has been spending more time in his Bumbo lately. His trunk muscles are getting really strong, and he really prefers to be upright most of the time. If you try to hold him horizontally, he'll fight to sit upright.

We realized in the past couple of weeks that we've been so focused on meeting feeding/sleeping/clothing needs, that we've not put much thought into toys to help in Isaiah's development. So, we bought this jumperoo for him to play in for his four month milestone. He plays and bounces really well in it for a few minutes, and then he'll get kind of fussy and want out. The time he enjoys playing in it is lenghtening some each day, so I think this will provide amusement for several months. We got a few other simple toys (soft, colorful blocks and a Baby Einstein musical toy) that he's been enjoying a lot too. He likes knocking the blocks over when they're stacked up.
Isaiah still rolls over from tummy to back from time to time, but he hasn't gotten it down consistently. He rolls from back to side a lot in his crib, but he hasn't yet rolled all the way from back to tummy.
Isaiah will be starting daycare on Monday of this week as I go back to a more normal daily schedule. I can't believe my four months at home with him are already up, and I'm really thankful I was able to take that much time off. I'll be sad to miss out on so much of his day, though I know he'll enjoy being around other kiddos. My schedule during May should still be pretty easy with a lot of half days, so we will be able to ease in to the more rigorous schedule that awaits me starting in July with the beginning of my internship.
No comments:
Post a Comment