May 22, 2010

Mother's Day


I've been meaning to update for weeks, so I'll post several separate entries to catch up on things...
I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. My mom came in town on Saturday to keep Isaiah for us that night so we could go to the Norah Jones concert at the Orpheum Theatre. This was actually our Valentine's gift to each other. It was an amazing show, though we both struggled to stay awake during some of the slower songs because Isaiah hadn't slept well in several nights. Mom enjoyed some one-on-one time with the little man, and I know he loved seeing Mawmaw too.


On Sunday, Isaiah actually stayed with us during the church service because he had a cold (his first, after only one week of daycare) and we didn't want to spread it to the other babies. He made me proud--didn't make a peep during the entire service. After church, Chris took us out to eat at Carrabba's...yum! He also bought me cupcakes from Muddy's Bakery in town--I had everything from red velvet to chocolate with mint icing, and they're probably the moistest cupcakes you'll ever taste. It was really a terrific first Mother's Day. Being a mother has made me appreciate other moms (especially my own) so much more. What an amazing and sometimes terrifying calling it is! I pray every day that God will give me the strength, wisdom, and patience to continue with the task he has granted me.

No comments: