Sep 9, 2010

Belated 8 Months


Isaiah turned 8 months on August 25th.  It just astounds us when we look at him and realize how much he's grown and changed over recent weeks!  Here are some updates:

- He got his second tooth around 7 1/2 months, so he now has his two central incisors on the bottom.  Let me tell you, they're sharp!  He still chews everything in sight, so I don't think it will be too long before another one pops through.  His little toothy grin is awfully cute, though I don't think we've managed to capture it on camera yet.
- He's now eating some fingerfoods (started just before turning 8 months).  He's mastered Puffs and Multigrain Cheerios, and we're working on fruits and veggies that are easy to pick up.  He likes banana, but I have to coat the pieces in Cheerio crumbs so they're not too slimey for him to pick up.  We tried avocado, but a lot of it ended up squished in his hands.  He had lima beans this week and did pretty well with them, though they clearly aren't his favorite.  At daycare, they have a table with multiple infant seats built within it, and when they sit Isaiah at the table while other kids are eating snacks, he's quick to grab for they're food.  As a result, Isaiah get 2-3 snacktimes a day at daycare!!!  At least its just Puffs and Cheerios :)
-We're working on learning to use a sippy cup.  He likes to chew on the spout rather than drink from it, and he really enjoys banging it on his highchair.
-Isaiah still isn't crawling, but I know it's just a matter of time.  He just seems to be very content sitting on the floor with a soft block in his hands (or his mouth, really).  I guess he's not much of an explorer, and I'm pretty okay with that.  He scoots on his behind to move small distances or to turn around.  He really dislikes being on his belly at all right now, so that also hinders learning to crawl.
-He has learned to clap and he loves when we play pat-a-cake.
-There isn't an 8month check-up, but I did have to take Isaiah to the doctor last week for an ear infection.  He weighed 20.9 lbs, a pretty big jump from his 6month weight of 16.5 lbs.  I think that's the largest increase in weight that he's had in a 2 month period, and you can tell he's filled out more just by looking at his cute cheeks.  He's grown out of a lot of the 9mo sized clothes and is wearing some 12mo items.



We visited family over Labor Day weekend.  Unfortunately, I failed to get my camera out at all on Sunday while at the family reunion on Mom's side, so I hope someone will send me pics from that (hint hint Jewel).  Here are some of the pictures I did take over the weekend:




No comments: