Here are some updates for our memory's sake:
- At his 9 month check-up, he weighed 21.8 lbs (75th%) and was 29 inches long (80th%). At each check-up, he moves up to a higher percentile, so he seems to be making his own growth curve rather than following the typical. He was not so happy with Dr. Pendergrass at this last visit, though Doc wasn't surprised since increasing stranger anxiety is normal at this stage. Isaiah had his 3rd ear infection at this appointment (at least the timing worked out with an already scheduled visit), and I just hate seeing my baby suffer. Thankfully, his pain seems to resolve pretty quickly once we start antibiotics.
- 3 teeth total now, but it looks like at least 2 are going to pop through any day. His gums really seemed to be hurting tonight, so we might see something new in the next day or two.
- He's quite the little ham these days. He claps when he's happy or proud of himself. He loves to blow raspberries, especially after I've just put food in his mouth (hard not to laugh at these when I'm telling him "No"). He often uses his finger to flap his lips (hard to describe, but I think you know what I mean). He's waved bye a few times, though we're still working on it. He has a funny adult-sounding laugh that he'll do out of the blue sometimes, which makes us laugh, which makes him laugh....
- He's very mobile without being mobile. Let me explain...he isn't crawling yet, but he can get to everything he wants one way or another it seems. I will deliberately sit toys on the opposite side of the blanket from him to entice him to crawl. He'll go from sitting to a position on one knee and both hands with one leg out to the side for leverage and then STREEEETCH to reach whatever he wants. He can typically get anything within 3 feet of him. Apparently, that's good enough for this boy (for now at least).
- He's occasionally attempting to pull to a stand. He fell doing this at daycare a couple weeks ago and bumped his head--I'm afraid that's just the first of many. He definitely has the strength in his legs to stand up, so it's just a matter of time (watch out world!).
- He graduated to a big boy carseat (aka convertible) instead of the infant carrier. We actually bought the convertible seat over a month ago, but we just really loved the convenience of the carrier and used it as long as possible. He's now outgrown it in every dimension and we were forced to move on. I'm not sure if Isaiah is too crazy about the change yet either--it may just be that he's not crazy about being strapped in period. It's become quite a battle to buckle him in, and he seems to think it's a game most of the time.
-We moved the jumperoo up to the highest level a couple of weeks ago. He's not as interested in it these days, either. He'd rather be sitting on the floor playing with his toys most of the time, but it comes in handy for us when we need to get some things done and not worry about what he might get in to. Our days are numbered, I'm afraid.
- Isaiah has been experiencing some separation anxiety for a couple of weeks now. It's pretty mild, but if he's not really focused on his toys, he starts to fuss and cry when I walk out of the room at home. He's also cried a little when we've dropped him off at the church nursery or daycare once or twice recently.
A few recent pictures:
Did you know we already started him in baseball training camp? He's just recently started paying attention to the baseball on this toy. For a while, he just wanted to chew on the bat.
"What's the big deal, Mom? Haven't you ever seen a 9 month old hit a homer?" Notice the shirt--we were cheering on our Vols against UAB that day.
Hammin' it up at the GrandStarnes' house. I promise, we do dress him in clothes that aren't related to UT football!!
No comments:
Post a Comment