Chris turned 29 on October 11th, and we celebrated with burgers at Huey's and Muddy's delicious cupcakes for dessert. We've both been working a lot lately, so we didn't have as much time as I would have liked to devote to his celebration, but it was a nice night together as a family. I don't express this enough, but I am so blessed by Chris' presence in my life. People have often asked in the past if it was tough to be married during medical school, and my answer is that it would have been impossible had I NOT been married to Chris. He sacrifices and serves without complaint in more ways than I can enumerate, and I'm so thankful to God for bringing us together! This is the eighth year we've celebrated his birthday together, and I pray that there will be many, many more to come.
In other updates, Isaiah demonstrated his ability to crawl about a week ago--just a few days before his cousin, who happens to be 2 months younger :) Even though he can crawl pretty well, he doesn't do it very much. Chris and I still try to entice him to crawl by placing toys several feet away, but it rarely works out how we plan. He's not super adventurous, and he's easily contented with playing in one spot with a few toys. Now that I know he can crawl, I've decided it's a good thing that I'm not constantly having to chase after him and worry what he's getting into. I'm sure my day will come, but for now, he's pretty easy to keep tabs on. Here are some pictures of him pulling up and crawling...
No comments:
Post a Comment