Jan 9, 2011

A Much Belated Thanksgiving and 11 Months


 I'm obviously quite behind in updating the blog.  The longer I've waited, the more challenging it's been to get back to it.  I'm going to try to catch up now, though.

Isaiah turned 11 months on Thanksgiving Day, so I'll combine these two posts together.  Unfortunately, I haven't been great about writing down things for the past couples of months, so some of these developments run together.  Shortly after 10 months, he started waving bye-bye consistently (with his hand facing him initially, which has now transitioned to a full-out wave with his whole arm).  He also started clapping when he's happy/excited/generally approves of something (especially food).  Around 11 months, he started standing without holding on to anything for a few seconds at a time.  He continued to eat nearly everything we sat in front of him, and meals became a lot easier as we could just fill his tray with food and let him feed himself with his fingers.  Here are a few pictures from 10/25-11/25/10:


Corban's (left) First Birthday Party (Stetson, Corban's cousin feeing Isaiah a block).  These boys were born within 2 months of each other and first met each other prenatally.

Hanging out with Brandon and Sarah for a UT football game

"Helping" with the Laundry

He started making this really cute "squinchy" face that looks exactly like a face Chris made as a kid.

Swinging at Overton Park

I had to work on Thanksgiving Day but got off around lunchtime.  After packing up, we headed to Waverly for Thanksgiving dinner with my mom, stepdad, siblings and their respective families.  It was the first time we had all three boys together since visiting Landon in the hospital.  It's funny how different their personalities are turning out to be...Isaiah likes to be the center of attention, Jude is very adventurous (he climbed the steps while we were there...Isaiah just stood at the bottom and watched him), and Landon is layed back and relaxed.  Clearly, we had a great deal to be thankful for this year.  God has blessed us tremendously!  Here are some pictures from Mom's house:

Visiting after Thanksgiving Dinner

Mawmaw and her Boys
Chatting with Jude

Mawmaw and her Boys II

So Thankful for my Men!


With all my Sibs, Sibs-in-Laws, and Nephews.  Frankie made it in too!

The Leckliders

The Littrells

Watching Jude climb the Stairs

I had the day after Thanksgiving off, so we met my Dad in Dickson for lunch before heading back to Memphis. 
Notice Isaiah still cramming a roll for the picture


With Pawpaw

A final few notes on thanksgiving...  The past 6 months have probably been the most challenging in my life, and it's been really easy to focus on the negative.  And to be completely honest, as I write this I realize I didn't really have a spirit of thanksgiving on the day set apart for that purpose.  As difficult as the long hours apart from my family and various other challenges have been, I have so very much to thank God for... an amazingly supportive and loving husband; a healthy, happy, precious son; a crazy, large, wonderful family; a great group of supportive friends and church family; the opportunity to puruse what I desire; etc etc etc.  Above all those things, though, I'm most thankful for a God who sees me for what I really am and loves me just the same, giving His only Son to make me His own.  THANK YOU!

No comments: