Jan 30, 2011

Inspired

I started this blog to keep family and friends that aren't so close by in the loop of our lives, most especially in the know of Isaiah's changes and developments.  It's sort of become the online scrapbook or baby book for us, and as I'm quite behind in updating his actual baby book, it will be the source I use when trying to recall information from months back.  I also enjoy following others' blogs and their changing lives, and I've more recently begun following some amazing crafting blogs.  When I see what these people find time to do despite full lives with multiple children, I'm both amazed and inspired.  I told Chris yesterday I want to quit medicine and "craft" full-time.  He thinks I'd get bored...maybe, though I doubt it.  While I have no real plans to quit medicine (I figure I should at least get to Dermatology, right?), I would like to be more crafty/creative with my spare time...sounds nice, right?  Well, spare time can be hard to come by, but in the meantime, I wanted to share some of the blogs that inspire me so that you, in turn, might also be inspired...

First, I have to give a shout-out to my good friend, Trish, who left architecture to be a full-time Mom and managed to find time to start a sewing/embroidery business: http://critterbugandcricket.blogspot.com/

LOVE this one!  A lady a church turned told me about it, and I wish I had time to try every single project on here...  http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/
Little Birdie Secrets

A couple others I learned about from the last site:
http://www.howdoesshe.com/

http://www.makeandtakes.com/

There are more, but I'll save them for another day.

Here's a sample of what I can do when I have time and motivation:

Birth Stats:  I've made a couple of these for friends' baby gifts and framed them in an 8x10, but I just now got around to making one for Isaiah.  I'm no graphic artist and only have Microsoft Publisher to create them, but I wanted a modern twist on the traditional cross-stitch.

This is a really poor picture, but I'm trying to display the decoupaged letters and the homemade mobile above the crib.  I really enjoyed handcrafting items for Isaiah's nursery.

2 comments:

Trish said...

#1 - Thanks for the shout out! You're too kind! #2 - I love sewmamasew.com. I could spend hours on that site bookmarking cute ideas that I'll never get to. #3 - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my name/stats you made for Corban!! I actually would like one for Dakota. Wanna work swap?? I'll make something for Isaiah in exchange. Also, if you think you'd like to sell them I could post them on my blog for you??

Real Girl Lij said...

You never cease to amaze me!