Feb 27, 2011

Fourteen Months in February


Isaiah turned 14 months just a few days ago (25th), and it's been a month of important change...he's walking!!  Well, he's been walking for about 4 weeks now, but his ratio of walking to crawling is increasing more every day.  I think the major impetus was when he moved up to Nursery III (12-18mos) and all of the other kids were walking.  Talk about peer pressure!  It's been really fun to watch the process of him taking just a few baby steps to him walking circles around the house.  He's still fairly wobbly at times, especially when he's tired, but he's come a long way.


A few other cute things...  He LOVES the motion detector light for our security system--everytime we walk through the hall, he raises his hand up high to set it off and see the light flash.  He'd be happy to sit there all day, I think.  His car seat is now forward facing, and he jabbers a lot in the backseat now while pointing to things outside he couldn't see while rear-facing.  He does a funny little butt wiggle while sitting if he's happy or gets excited; quite cute.  We've been working on learning the names of body parts--nose, mouth, eyes...for a while he could get nose really consistently, but we haven't practiced as much the past couple of weeks so he's a bit rusty.


For Valentine's Day, his class had a party and they were supposed to wear red and white.  I sent him in this:




I had been debating whether to buy V'day cards to send to the kids at school from him, and I ended up deciding that they were too young to care.  The night before V'day, it dawned on me that the list of the kids' names in his class sent home a week earlier (entitiled "Nursery III Sweethearts") was for the sole purpose of addressing Valentine's cards.  I felt so stupid for not realizing it sooner that I rushed out to Walgreens (with all of the other procrastinors--the place was packed!) and bought a pack of Tonka truck cards.  I was relieved I had done so when he came home with a bag full of Valentines the next day.

We celebrated Valentine's by eating Carrabba's at home on V'day night (while Isaiah was taking a late nap), and then just the two of us went out to lunch to Paulette's the next day since I was off.  We've had to be creative to have dates without taking Isaiah along, so we've done a few daytime dates when I had a weekday off and Chris took a long lunch or part of the day off while Isaiah is at daycare.  Bright side: matinee ticket prices :)

No comments: