Feb 27, 2011

Jude is One!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET JUDE!!  We traveled to Mt. Juliet, TN last weekend to celebrate Jude's first birthday.  He had a "Baby Einstein" themed party that turned out so cute, and I think he had a great time.  The boys ruled the day--Jude, Isaiah, and Landon got to enjoy some quality time, and the only other baby there was Darren, a relative on Meagan's side, who is just a couple months older than Isaiah.

Once Jude got the taste of icing in his mouth, he dove right into the cake.  His hand was stained blue from the icing by the time Mom called it quits.  All of the cameras and attention really seemed to spur him on.  I wish I could say Isaiah was cheering him on, but he was more concerned with stuffing his own mouth.




Jude got lots of fun toys and cute clothes, and he was kind enough to let Isaiah "help" open them.  At one point, Isaiah found a silver bow on one of the packages, and went around to the adults in the circle offering it to each one individually and then immediately taking it back.  Hmmm... we'll have to work on that.




What the boys seemed to enjoy more than anything else was playing with the toys on this exer-saucer while Landon was jumping in it.  Many attempts were made to get a picture with all of them looking, but this is the best I could get:



One funny thing at the party is that when we first got there, I went and picked Landon up.  Isaiah immediately came over and wanted to see him.  I sat on the ground, and Isaiah kept hugging him tightly and laying his head on him.  It was so sweet and adorable until Isaiah opened his mouth and looked like he was about to take a bite out of Landon--sorry, we're teething!  Isaiah kept noticing Lindsay a lot and would walk to her with arms wide open, even when I was standing right next to her...that seems to be a trend, because he's been doing that a lot lately to our friend Emily.  He must like brunettes :)

Here's our attempt at a family picture, which is nearly impossible with these boys.  I'm not looking at the camera because I'm literally wrestling with Isaiah to keep him in my arms.


Weird sister coincidence: we both wore dark blue shirts with gray sweaters over them, skinny jeans, and boots.  We cracked up when we saw each other.  I like your style, sis ;)

No comments: