I've been on an elective this month, so I've had more time at home with my boys. Spring has sort of sprung in Memphis--we've had 80s, and now we're back to the 40s. Nevertheless, the Dogwoods and Azaleas are in full bloom and we've enjoyed a few outings to the zoo on nice weekends. We learned good news recently that Frankie is soon to be adopted by a couple who has a female cocker as well. He's currently in a "foster home" but doing well. We definitely miss that sweet puppie, but life is easier and we don't have to worry so much with him around Isaiah.
We're excited about a few trips coming up that we're actively planning right now: we'll be meeting Chris' family in Atlanta at the end of April for a long weekend and some Brave's baseball (I'm hoping to make a visit to Ikea too :); we're going to the Seattle area for 8 days toward the end of June--we plan to also see Victoria, BC, the San Juan Islands, and Mt. Rainier; I'm planning to go on a mission trip to Haiti with my church in August. I can't even begin to imagine leaving Isaiah while in Haiti for a whole week, but I know he'll be in good hands. The mission trip will have some medical aspect to it, so I'm excited yet quite nervous about this prospect. We have a lot to look forward to and are thankful to God for allowing us these opportunities. Please be in prayer for the mission trip!
Isaiah is now 15 months and getting bigger every day! He's such a sweet boy, and lately he's become quite a mama's boy (which I love!). He's a little lover in general--he gives great big hugs and smiles freely, especially to attractive young women (really, I'm a bit scared about this Cassanova behavior). He's still not super verbal, but I think he understands most of what we say. Isaiah runs pretty well now, and Ms. Margette (daycare teacher) tells me he can keep up with the "big kids" (near 2 year olds). Here's a short video clip of him walking between us since some family members haven't witnessed it yet (we have tons on our camcorder but there are so many videos to upload it nearly shuts our computer down!):
He loves dogs from afar, but if they come too close he starts crying. Whenever we see a dog, hear a dog, or talk about dogs, he starts barking. Lately he's really enjoyed watching the one Baby Einstein DVD we have (thanks Pawpaw and Mimi!). It has a segment on farm animals with the song "Old McDonald" playing, and now whenever he wants to see the DVD, he starts saying "E-I, E-I" (you know, e-i e-i-o in the song). He likes to sing "E-I" along with us too. I was pretty skeptical about Baby Einstein initially, but I really like it now, he's learning his animals, and I sometimes can get dinner started while he's watching it.
Isaiah doesn't seem all that interested in most of his toys right now. His favorite pastimes include reading (which I'm really thankful for), running around the house in circles, and going for rides in his wagon. He's constantly bringing a book to us and then backing himself into our laps to read. He's still a great eater, which is pretty obvious by holding him for longer than 2 seconds. He has his 15mo doctor's appointment tomorrow, so I'll add his updated weight/height tomorrow.
| Who needs hair gel when you can use food to style it? |
Isaiah's daycare had a Mardi Gras parade with the children. I'm not too sure I want to promote Mardi Gras around here, but the kids enjoyed it and were cute. Isaiah was pretty overwhelmed and stoic the whole time. Here are some pics with him in the wagon with his best pal, Cole:
Here are some recent pictures from the zoo. Two weekends ago, Mawmaw and Uncle Austin spent the night and went to the zoo with us. I'm still not sure what Isaiah's favorite animal there is, but he seems to notice more each time we go.
| What a life?! |
No comments:
Post a Comment