Isaiah can say his name, and I actually caught it on video in this little clip a couple of weeks ago.
He clearly understands most of what we say now by his actions. Just this past week, Chris started telling him to bring him his Jesus book (short children's book about Jesus), and he knew exactly what he was talking about without coaching.
Here are words I can make out that he says:
Mama, Dada, Isaiah, dydy (bye-bye), dat (cat), dog, duck, sDot (Spot, as in the book series), hi, eye, heah (head), ee-i (that counts doesn't it? eieioooh)
He also barks like a dog and quacks (cack-cack) like a duck. I've worked a good bit on farm animal sounds and names because he loves them so much, but he's still holding out on me. He can recognize pictures of them though (when cooperative) if you tell him to point to a certain animal.
He can point to his (or usually my) head, eye, and nose, but that's about as far as we've gotten on body parts.
He's very attached to Mommy these days, and we've definitely noticed a difference in how he interacts with us. When I'm the only one home, he wants me to hold him A LOT. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love holding and cuddling my baby, but he's a big 30lb boy and it's tough to do for long. He gets upset when I leave the room, even if he can hear or see me still. He seems to be more prone to play on his own when Daddy is around. I guess it's just one of those things. I try to watch myself from wishing he'd play better by himself because I know one day I'll be wishing he'd let me hold him---ahhh, the irony of parenting :)
We've had a rough patch with bedtimes lately, and Chris and I have spent a lot of hours trying to get that stinker to sleep. I think part of it has been teething and part of it seems to be he's more aware of his surroundings (dark room away from his parents). "This too shall pass," we tell ourselves, and it is getting better already.
We used to be able to get by with a bath every other night for Isaiah, but his habit of playing with his hair (particularly during dinner) is requiring more frequent bathing. Here's a before and after spaghetti night:
He got a panda Pillow Pet for Christmas from Mimi and Pawpaw, and he absolutely loves it. Actually, at first he was scared of it, so I would treat it like a pet in front of him and he caught on. Now we'll tell him to get get his panda, and he carries it around like below. He hugs on him, and bites him, and wrestles with him...you know, all the typical little boy stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment