We spent Easter weekend in Middle Tennessee. That sounds pretty vague, but we traveled a lot over Easter. We originally had every intention of staying in Memphis for Easter; I really dislike being away from our own church on major religious holidays. Nevertheless, I also hate being away from my family when they're all together, so family won and we left Memphis. Leading up to the weekend, we got Isaiah's Easter basket down (a gift from Mawmaw). It's a cute stuffed duck. He learned really quickly what the duck says after that, and he proudly 'cack-cack'ed for everyone over the weekend.
We spent Friday night in Waverly at Mom's. With all three boys under one roof, it's always a bit unpredictable with different napping/eating schedule but we had a great time together. Jordan and Meagan brought Sadie, their cocker spaniel, and after getting over his initial fear of her, Isaiah adored her! Everytime he saw her he started cackling. I think Sadie got weary of the attention, but she's really great with the kids. I wish she could have given Frankie some lessons. On Saturday, we had a professional photo session for the boys together. It was hilarious...when we put all three of them together in front of the camera, Jude started crying, which scared Landon so he started crying, and Isaiah cheesed it up for the camera in the middle of it all the entire time. My kid loves the spotlight, and I'm really not sure where he got it from. I blame Aunt Lindsay ;) The only time all three boys were happy together in front of the camera was when they all three had iPhones in their hands. Scary, huh?! No Isaiah, you cannot have an iPhone anywhere in the remote future! I haven't seen proofs from the session yet but they'll at least be good for a laugh and fond memories.
| Baby Einstein time! |
We spent Saturday night at Dad's house after a brief Easter egg hunt on the front lawn. The boys weren't quite sure what to do with the eggs, but we enjoyed the beautiful weather. This was the first time Dad had all three grandsons together, so I think it was a special treat for him. Isaiah chased the dogs around the house most of the time...surprise, surprise. On Sunday, we went to the Easter service at Dad's church. Unfortunately our schedule was tight and we had to leave right after the service to drive down to Pulaski for lunch and Easter egg hunt with Mom's extended family.
| Isaiah and Jude enjoyed playing in the expandable tube; Chase and Landon had some fun out of it too :) |
| I'm not sure what the boys are thinking here but Pawpaw is sure loving it! |
It was our first time in Pulaski since Labor Day, so Isaiah had grown quite a bit since everyone had seen him last. He enjoyed lots of attention and photoshoots. For the Easter egg hunt, he was more interested in trying to climb in flower beds. When Jude got there, we did a hunt just for the two of them. They weren't much into it, but I'm sure they will be more next year. The pictures below are from Meagan's iPhone hipstamatic app (makes pics look like from a former decade).
![]() |
| Must be nice to be pulled around in a wagon to do your egg hunting. Pretty sure I did most of the egg hunting, actually. |
![]() |
| Aunt Joyce and her great and great-great niece and nephews. It occurs to me that Mom should have been in this to make it a true 4 generation shot. |
While I'm so thankful we got to spend time with family, in all of the busyness, it felt like we lost sight of the true reason for celebrating Easter. A God who has every right to condemn us all that, in his great love and mercy, sent his very own Son to take our just punishment on himself. It's unfathomable! That truly has new meaning now that I have my own son. Christ willingly died for me that I might live a new life to the glory of God as his adopted daugther. I did a poor job of it this year, but starting next year, I want to do a better job of developing traditions for Easter that will point to its true significance...here's one idea I found: http://breezyacresfarm.blogspot.com/2011/04/diy-resurrection-tree.html
"Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved." - Ephesians 2:3-5
Remember last Easter? http://starnesfamsaga.blogspot.com/2010/04/happy-belated-easter.html




No comments:
Post a Comment