Mother's Day:
My boys spoiled me for Mother's Day. They gave me a beautiful necklace (that I specifically requested...haha) that's personalized with our names. I really love it, and we'll be able to add charms with future children(s)' names on it as well. We opted for Mother's Day dinner since Isaiah usually falls asleep on the way home from church, so we went out to Macaroni Grill that night.
Living/Dining Room Redecoration:
Our living room serves A LOT of purposes in our tiny home: playroom, family room, office, sewing, guest room, and dining of course. Previously it was decorated with a more formal color scheme, and I really wanted it to be more playful and kid-friendly. I may have gone overboard with the color scheme, but no one can deny that it's colorful! I sewed all of the pillows myself, and I even ventured out and made/added piping to some of them. We also sold the large wingchair and put a desk in it's place (so I finally don't have to use a highchair for the laptop when working!).
Memorial Day:
We had a small gathering of friends at our house to celebrate the day complete with lots of yummy food and the chill'uns playing in a kiddie pool. It was really HOT and I think all of the adults wished we had our own pool to jump in and cool off. Isaiah was such a ham in the pool...I have a video of it if I every upload it...and then he ran around the yard like a wild thing with his poor mama trying to reign him in. Phew...tiring I tell ya.
My birthday:
I turned 27 on June 7, and I keep laughing about it because I really thought I was turning 28 or 29. It's pretty bad when you think you're older than you are! Oddly enough, we met with a lawyer to work on our wills that afternoon. We never intended it to be on a birthday, but you just have to do things when you can. Chris and I shared an awesome Swanky's salad for lunch before meeting with the attorney, and we celebrated that evening at PF Changs followed by Ben & Jerry's ice cream cake at home. Double yum! Man, this post seems to be a lot about food...I guess you can tell it's approaching dinner time :)
Lecklider visit:
Lindsay and Landon came to visit for a night last week, and we had such a good time just hanging out. Isaiah really loved having Landon around, and would revert to crawling rather than running after Landon for fun. Isaiah would squeal out of excitement, and Landon would cry out of fear of Isaiah's loud sounds. Isaiah learned to say "baby" with him around (except it sounds like "bobby"), and he said "Landon" a couple of times.
Healthier eating?
We're going to soon try out a couple of new things with hopes of healthier eating in the future. The first is that we're joining a CSA (community supported agriculture). I won't go into detail, but we pay in advance and then get a weekly share of a specific farm's organic produce. We'll be learning to eat what's in season, and we won't have to worry about pesticides, etc, on our food. We're also buying a 1/4 beef from a local farm that raises pasture-fed cows only. These cows aren't exposed to antibiotics, steroids, etc, and because they're pasture rather than feedlot fed, the fat they form is healthier (less saturated food). We bought a used deep freezer for the meat, so let's hope it stands up to the summer heat in our garage!!
Other Antics:
Isaiah is such a fun boy, and he seems to pick up on things so quickly these days. He knows all of his farm animals and jungle animals, and he'll make some of their sounds (cow, pig, duck, turkey, monkey, lion, bear, dog). Beyond knowing all of his facial features, he's also learned belly, feet, and toes. He's really into drinking out of a big cup. He's fair at it but still ends up with a good bit on himself. He also likes to try to fish the ice out of the cup and suck on it. He likes to say "hi" randomly to people in the store and has a cute little wave with his hand when he does it. He's doing a pretty good job feeding himself with a fork or spoon, though we still usually opt for hands b/c it's just easier for now. We hung a swing on the frame of our garage door, and he loves it! He'll let us push him in it until he nearly falls asleep. He loves to go out in the sunroom and "hunt" for birds, squirrels, and dogs, and he also will point out the flowers. He's climbing a lot these days, and he really feels like a big boy when he climbs up on a couch or chair to sit. When he gets to daycare in the morning, I let him walk in holding my hand, and the minute he crosses the threshold, he runs to his teachers to give them fives. He's also learned the fist bump and likes to say "boom" when he does it like Daddy. He likes to dump his bucket of blocks over his head, and then he'll put a few more blocks back in and do it over and over again.
Internship:
This is my last month of intern year, and I'll officially be starting the Dermatology portion of my residency in July. What a relief!! The year has really flown by, and I'm so thankful I won't be spending any more nights away from my family in the hospital.
I'll post a few videos separately. We leave for Seattle this Friday, so we'll have lots of pictures to share when we get back.
No comments:
Post a Comment