Aug 12, 2009

18 Weeks--Guess the Gender

I don't have any pictures to post this week, but Tuesday marked 18 weeks. Chris has given our baby a new nickname: Cletus the fetus...haha. I told him it will probably be a girl now just to spite him for calling it Cletus.

I've definitely felt Cletus' movements more prominently over the last week. He/she likes to get really active when I'm trying to fall asleep at night or after I eat a meal. I checked the baby's heartrate with the Doppler today in clinic, and it was in the 150's. My blood pressure and weight were on target too, so all continues to be good news thus far.

I thought it would be fun to ask everyone to guess the gender of the baby sometime this week or next. We have the ultrasound that should tell us the sex in two weeks, so it will be neat to see if the majority of us predict correctly. I've created a poll on the blog (see at right), and you can also post a comment if you want to stake your claim.

MY PREDICTION: GIRL

3 comments:

Carie said...

Ha! I'm the only one that voted boy, so far. I don't know what I'm basing it on since I'm terrible at guessing these things. Here's what Sutton looked like at about that time (http://monkeys-in-flight.blogspot.com/2007_03_01_archive.html). What are you thinking Cletus is??

Melissa and Jason Holcomb said...

Girls rule and boys drool!

Paige said...

I've been thinking girl....guess we'll see. I'm so excited for y'all!