The crib we ordered came in on Saturday, and while we were at the store to pick it up, I sighted the Amy Coe rocker I blogged about quite some time ago. I couldn't believe it--I was convinced that rocker was nowhere to be found as it had been discontinued; not only was it there before my eyes, but it was 20% off the retail price. We had actually bought a rocker from Pier 1 last week, so I was a bit torn as to what to do. The Pier 1 rocker wasn't what I'd had in mind, but it was affordable and we felt it would work after a paint job. We decided to go ahead and ask the sales lady about the Amy Coe rocker, and she informed us their floor model was the last in the store, and that it was an additional 20% off the sales price. We both immediately said we'd take it, and we (actually Chris) happily returned the Pier 1 rocker that same day.
Sunday we took down the full-sized bed in the nursery and put the crib together. Chris is planning to pick up the antique dresser we purchased sometime next weekend, so the nursery is quickly coming together. It's still a pretty blank slate as we're waiting to find out the gender to pick out bedding, curtains, and such, but it's nice to see changes taking place. With that said, the down side is that any guests in the interim will have to choose between the pull-out couch or the air mattress...sorry!

2 comments:
So, I have to say that after seeing you and Cletus at Qiping's shower, I'm leaning more toward girl, too! Can't wait to hear the news :)
OK...I just voted. I wanted to get it in before Wednesday. I'm so glad you've joined the blogging world!
Post a Comment