
I can't tell you how slowly the past few weeks have crept by for me while anticipating the ultrasound and the discovery of Cletus' gender. Contrary to polled opinion and "maternal intuition", CLETUS IS A BOY!! And let me tell you, he's proud of it (and so are we)! He wasn't the least bit modest in displaying the family jewels. Tears slipped out from excitement and mirth at this surprise as I lay on the ultrasound table. Not only is Cletus a boy, he's a big boy...the ultrasound tech said he's above average size in every measurement. While we'll love him no matter what, it was also wonderful to see his normal brain, spine, heart, kidneys, and mouth. We even caught him taking a sip of amniotic fluid. With his legs flexed to the point that his knees were level with his eyes most of the time, we're hoping for athletic flexibility and agility (definitely not from me!). At one point, he was playing with the umbilical cord between his fingers--Chris was quick to point out how he likes to fidget with his hands too. The tech tried to show us a glimpse of Cletus' face with the 3D ultrasound, but Cletus kept his hand over his face and quickly turned away--a little camera shy, I suppose.


After the appointment, we went to Target and Babies R' Us to update our registries with 'boy stuff'. I've been so convinced lately that it was going to be a girl that I had a pretty clear vision in my head of what I wanted the nursery to look like. Having a boy has thrown me for a bit of a loop in the design arena, but it will be fun finding new ideas.
To answer the question many of you have already asked: no, we don't have a name picked out yet, but we plan to keep it a surprise until he arrives. We've laughed to ourselves thinking that after several months of referring to the baby as Cletus, that name just might stick whether we like it or not. Cletus Perry Starnes--has a certain ring to it, huh?
Below is my 20 weeks belly shot.

2 comments:
You are STUNNING. And Cletus is so handsome. :) I'm thrilled!
Les! I'm so happy for y'all! And nice improvement on your pic. :)
Post a Comment