Oct 21, 2009

28 Weeks

It's amazing to me that I'm now 28 weeks (and one day) along in gestation. I am officially in the third trimester!! This pregnancy has really flown by. As much as I look forward to having Isaiah in my arms, I'm not wishing the pregnancy away. It's been an enjoyable time and I've been very blessed with good health. Being so obviously pregnant is actually a lot more fun than when there's only a small bump because now even perfect strangers passing me on the street share in my joy--I get smiles and comments (mostly nice) every where I go. Here's my 28 week belly shot:

Here's what "babycenter" says about Isaiah this week:
"By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can open and close his eyes, which now sport lashes. This movement is more of a reflexive blink than a deliberate opening and closing, but it won't be long before he's batting those beauties at you."
Tomorrow is my 28 week check-up and gestational diabetes screening. While I'm drinking a nasty lemon-lime concoction and waiting to have my blood sugar tested, our friend Tricia will be in labor at Methodist Germantown. She's going in the morning to be induced (her due date was this past Sunday), and we can't wait to find out if "Cricket" is a boy or girl! Pray for an uneventful and safe delivery.