The first was November 29th in Hickory, NC hosted by Melissa, Ginger, Deda, and Elizabeth at Melissa's house. Ladies from both of Chris' sides of the family and many family friends from Chris' childhood church attended. Cousins Corinna and Olivia were great helpers in opening gifts. I had a great time visiting with everyone and we were blessed with lots of great things to prepare for Isaiah. Below are some pictures from the NC shower:
(Me, Elizabeth, and Melissa)
(Ginger, Me, Melissa)
(Corinna, Me, Deda, and Anita--notice how Anita matched this personalized diaper stacker to the fabric I used for the curtains in the nursery--I was so impressed!)
On December 6th, wonderful friends at our church hosted another baby shower for me. Mom and Lindsay were both able to come in town to attend the shower with me, which made the experience even better. One fun activity they had at the shower was to have the ladies write a funny message (like "code brown" or "this one's for daddy") in marker on the outside of a diaper so I'll be entertained when changing diapers at 3am. I know I'll appreciate a little humor in my sleep deprived state. We're very thankful to have the support of our church family as we begin this new phase of life.
(Me and Mom)
(Lindsay, Carie, Me, and Mom)
(diaper cake with diaper messages)
Thank you all so much for your kindness! We can't wait to put all of this great stuff to use when Isaiah gets here.
No comments:
Post a Comment