Nov 28, 2009

33 weeks, Thanksgiving, travels

I'm posting this a bit late, but these pictures are from 33 weeks (this past Tuesday). I decided it was time for a new backdrop, so you can see some of Isaiah's nursery in the background. It's been in near completed state for several weeks--I'll post pictures of the entire room soon when we get the last piece of furniture in.

We've been visiting in North Carolina since Wednesday. We've had a wonderful time and enjoyed seeing many of Chris' family members in Charlotte for Thanksgiving that we hadn't seen for several years. We've also enjoyed a little Wii action with the family, and Frankie is more spoiled than ever with so many willing hands to pet him. Chris' mom (Ginger), sister (Melissa), aunt (Deda), and cousin (Elizabeth) are hosting a baby shower for me tomorrow afternoon. I look forward to seeing more friends and family as they help us prepare for Isaiah's birth.

We had our first childbirth class last week and that went well. I don't think I really learned anything I didn't already know from reading on my own (and med school helps some too :), but I think it's good for me and Chris to go through this as a team. There were around 10 other couples there, and most are expecting boys...it's funny how these babies seem to come in gender groups. We also took a tour of the hospital I'll be delivering at last Sunday. It was nice to see the actual labor and delivery department we'll be spending time in, and we had the opportunity to ask one of the nurses questions about standard procedures, etc.
Last but certainly not least, I feel it's appropriate to consider the many things I have to be thankful for in this Thanksgiving season. First and foremost, I'm forever thankful for a gracious God who loved me before I knew what love was and saved me when I deserved His wrath and death. I'm thankful for a godly and supportive husband, a healthy baby on the way, and a pregnancy free from sickness. I'm thankful for a family committed to God and each other, through and despite many 'trials and tribulations'. I'm thankful for a 'little' brother dedicated to serving our country and defending our freedom. I'm thankful for a future playmate and first cousin on the way for Isaiah and for the opportunity to finally be an auntie. I'm thankful for a church family that loves and encourages us when our own families are far away. I'm thankful for friends near and far who love and support us though I'm terrible at keeping in touch and doing the same. I'm thankful for God's provision through medical school (and for it nearly being at a close!). I'm thankful for so much more than I can adequately express here, and without a doubt, God deserves the glory for all of these things. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments: