Isaiah turned 5 months old on May 25. As always, I truly can't believe this precious child has been in my life that long! What did we do before he was here?? He has certainly captured our hearts, and we're so thankful to God for this wonderful gift.
I'll give you the updates and then you can enjoy this assortment of photos from recent weeks (including the green bean goatee at the top).
-Isaiah has been consistently sleeping through the night for a couple of weeks now (thankfully!). Prior to that, he was going all night without any feedings for a few weeks, but some nights he would wake up wanting his pacifier 5-6 times.
-Isaiah's diet is slowly expanding. He has rice cereal for breakfast every morning. Right now he's getting green beans for lunch, and then either sweet potatoes or carrots for dinner. The first few times he got green beans, he made terrible faces. He definitely likes the sweet potatoes and carrots better, but he eats all of it pretty well.
-Around 4.5 months, Isaiah started noticing his feet. It was tough at time to change his diaper because he wanted to hold on to his feet, occasionally checking to see how they taste. He already seems to have moved on to bigger and better things, but it was awfully cute while he did it.
-He has become very easily distracted while I nurse him. I used to catch up on phone calls and things during that time, but I can't do that anymore because he seems to think I'm talking to him, so he pulls away to make eye contact with me. Sometimes when the initial hunger pang is gone, he'll take a break from eating to sweetly smile and talk to me. It's so precious, though we've definitely had some very lengthy feeding sessions as of late.
-He really loves his jumperoo. He'll play in it for a good fifteen minutes now. He seems to prefer playing with the ball on the toybar, which excites his daddy.
-Isaiah is doing well at daycare. The ladies really seem to love him, and they've told me on a couple of occasions he's one of their easiest babies (I have to brag, right?). I'm reassured when I arrive and he's sweetly smiling at one of them as they hold or change him. Ms. Amy said something that made me laugh last week--one of the other ladies misunderstood and thought she said Isaiah hadn't finished his bottle, and Amy replied that the day Isaiah doesn't finish his bottle, she'll know he's sick. The kid already has a reputation for eating!! Boy, he's definitely Chris' son.
-For the past week or two, Isaiah has really been noticing Frankie more than ever. Not only noticing, but loving Frankie! He'll try turning all the way around in our laps just to watch Frankie walk around, and he's always smiling as he does it. What's even sweeter is that Frankie has noticed the increased attention too, and he often responds to Isaiah's smiles by gently licking him on the nose. It's like they have a language all their own through their eyes.
-Isaiah's motor skills and coordination are definitely improving. He reaches for and holds his toys much more easily now, and he's able to control where they go (which is always to his mouth). He sometimes gets the pacifier back in on his own, though he has trouble getting it turned the right way.
-He's really been showing signs of teething recently, and he had a difficult night Monday with more crying (and even screaming) than usual. I still haven't seen any teeth break through yet, but I keep thinking they'll be there any day now. I'm told this can be a slow process, but I hope for his sake it won't be too slow.
No comments:
Post a Comment