Monday I found out that I definitely matched in Dermatology (matched meaning I got a residency spot). While most students are concerned where they matched, matching period was the big hurdle in my mind, so I was so relieved and thankful when I found out the good news.
Thursday was "Match Day", which is the day that students nationwide find out where they actually matched. Most schools hold ceremonies on this day, and UT is no exception. Our event was held at the Pink Palace Museum. There were a few brief speeches by sponsors and administrators, and then they handed out envelopes to all of us containing our match info. It's really quite a spectacle seeing ~150 students and their families spread out everywhere opening these envelopes. Drama doesn't begin to describe it. As you can imagine, there are a lot of people really excited and some who are pretty disappointed. So, where did I match, you ask...Memphis! That was our first choice and we're really thankful for God's provision. The picture above is after we opened the envelope. Isaiah slept through most of it, but we were glad to have our sweet baby with us as we found out where we'll be spending the next four years. Thanks for all of your prayers!
1 comment:
Yay!! So excited about the wonderful news! We were in no way prepared to have y'all leave us :) Hope your weekend was restful.
Post a Comment