May 8, 2009

On call

This week has been the slowest of my life, and tonight (Friday) I'm on call at the VA ICU wishing I were home with Chris. How funny...just as I finished typing that sentence, Chris called me! Things like that seem to happen a lot. Anyway, this week has been so strange as I've known I'm pregnant but not felt the least bit pregnant. I have to admit that I've been tempted more than once to do a second pregnancy test just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I still have the positive pregnancy test at home in the bathroom, and I compulsively look at it every time I'm in there.

I'm not sure if most women have morning sickness this early or not (5 weeks), but I've been totally nausea free. I'm so thankful for that, especially since it would make it awfully difficult to keep things a secret and I'm on a busy rotation. I guess I'd even keep this awful hormone-induced acne on my face over having morning sickness.

My first OB appointment is scheduled for next Wednesday--I'll be post-call that day, so it could be interesting. Scheduling on a post-call day was really the only way I could guarantee I could make it without having to ask off specifically for a doctors appt. It's going to be kind of early (6weeks,3days) to have an appointment, but their schedule was really limited. I'm hoping we get enough reassurance that we feel comfortable sharing the news with family.

No comments: