Well, I said I'd let you know the details of when Chris told his family about the pregnancy, but he's had a tough time remembering too many details for me. He also had a lot more to take in at one time as he told his parents, sister, and brother-in-law at once rather than with individual phone calls like I did. He told his family through a Mother's Day gift...we bought his mom a grandmother's journal to her grandchildren, and he gave her that on Friday night. From what he says, she didn't catch on initially that she'd have a grandchild to write to sooner than later, so Chris told her the rest of the gift is coming in January...pause..."Is Lesley pregnant?" I know they're excited along with us to start the next generation of Starnes'. No pressure Melissa and Jason, but first cousins have an awful lot of fun together :)
I was post-call today and starving by the time I got off at 1pm. Someone mentioned chocolate cake on rounds today, and from then on, that's all I could think of. On my way home, I stopped at Kroger to buy cake mix and frosting. It's always a bad idea to shop for groceries on an empty stomach, but I think it's even worse when you're pregnant because you have a ready made excuse for 'cravings'. I came home with an odd mixture: chocolate cake mix/frosting, coffee cake mix. blueberry muffin mix, 7up, and crunchy cheetos! I promise I'm eating fruits and vegetables too! True cravings or giving in more easily to whims? I'm not sure, but I'll tell you one thing...I'm going to have my cake and eat it too tonight!
Our next appointment is Friday for our first ultrasound. We're excited, and I think seeing our baby's heartbeat will make it all feel more real. Hopefully I can post pictures of the ultrsound here. More to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment